Office teeth whitening – Beyond® teeth whitening system
This procedure is carried out by appropriately trained staff and takes approx. 45 – 60 minutes. It consists in a three-time-applying of a special whitening gel and using a special whitening lamp (Beyond™ system). There is an immediate effect. The whitening Beyond lamp emits intensively blue light which is filtered by over 12000 optical fibres and 30 layers of special filters. Harmful ultraviolet light (UV) and infrared is completely eliminated. The Beyond teeth whitening system gives fast and excellent effects in contrast to other solutions available on the market (LED-systems or UV light emitting systems). Hypersensitivity occurs during the whitening quite often, so the anesthetics are already included in the price. The patients receive also a special whitening tooth paste. The whitening effect lasts for approximately 3 years (depending on the diet, hygienic procedures and smoking habit).
Prosthetic restorations (e.g. crowns and bridges) and fillings won't be whitened. If needed, after the colour is stabilized (what takes approx. 10 – 14 days) the dentist can replace the old crowns, bridges or fillings with whiter ones. During the whitening a small per cent of patients may feel hypersensitivity on coldness, but it goes by after a couple of days.
Advantages of office teeth whitening – Beyond® teeth whitening system :
- sensational effect in a very short time – white teeth in only 1 hour
- the most intensive whitening effect
- long-lasting whitening effect – approximately 3 years
Disadvantages of office teeth whitening – Beyond® teeth whitening system :
- hypersensitivity during the whitening process (if the patient does not agree to have anesthetics) and up to 48 hours after the whitening
- so called „white diet” is strictly recommended for approximately 24 hours after whitening – after whitening teeth are very sensitive to colours in food, beverages
- and smoke (drinking coffee, tea, red wine and smoking should be avoided for the first 24 hours after whitening)