- RVG - Radio Visio Graphy (digital X-Ray)
- Panoramic X-Ray
- Cephalometric X-Ray (for orthodontic treatment)
- CT scan (Computed Tomography) before implantological treatment
- Intraoral camera
- Bacteriological and mycological examinations
- Histopathological examinations (biopsy and segments)
The best diagnostics enables an effective treatment
Our patients have access to two modern X-Ray machines:
- RVG (Radio Visio Graphy) - digital X-Ray machine with a minimized radiation dose, which enables to take pictures without any risks to all our patients, including children and pregnant women. Our X-Ray machine was bought at the end of the year 2006 and meets the restrictive requirements of European Union on the minimized radiation dose - it has the so called high-frequency transducer made by the Finnish company Planmeca.
- Panoramic X-Ray - enables the assessment of the whole dentition state, including the temporo-mandibular joints and maxillary sinus. This examination is necessary for assessment and making a treatment plan. Thanks to the fact the all teeth as well as adjacent structures are visible it is a very valuable examination which enables an early identification of pathologic changes in upper and lower jaw bone as well as temporo-mandibular joints and maxillary sinus.
- Cephalometric X-ray. The Planmeca apparatus in our clinic has a special accessory, which enables to take the cephalometric X-Ray pictures that are necessary for an effective orthodontic treatment. It has also a special mode for minimizing the radiation dose in case of taking x-ray pictures of children.
- CT scan (Computertomography) – we cooperate with Spectra Medical Diagnostic Center where our patients can have state-of-the-art radiologic diagnostics on very attractive financial conditions and without long wait. CT scan is necessary before treatment with implants and in case of some illnesses of upper and lower jaw bones, temporo-mandibular joints and maxillary sinus.
As a standard procedure, beside the RVG pictures, we use the intraoral camera when performing an examination. Each dentist's chair is equipped with an LCD display and if our patients wish, they can observe their dental state and the procedure when it is being carried out.
Microbiological and histological tests
If there are indications, we offer a complete bacteriological (bacterial infections), mycological (mycotic infections) and histopathological (analysis of removed tissues e.g. during surgical procedures) diagnostics.